As modifications are made to the network and the updated configuration files are imported, the system automatically detects the changes and logs them in the Change Tracking table of NP-Live and NP-View HTML. For each change, the timestamp, action, device, and description are recorded.
The actions recorded are as follows:
File import – for each file uploaded, of the following statuses will be displayed
- “successful import” – file imported successfully
- “ignored file: <filename>” – unknown file type, ignored
- “failed import” – file failed to import, review help center for reason
Topology map – for each file uploaded, of the following statuses will be displayed for the topology map
- “device path information” – triggered if the connectivity matrix changes
- “topology updated” – indicates the topology map has been successfully updated
- “topology failure” – indicates the topology map has failed, review help center for reason
Path analysis – for each file uploaded, of the following statuses will be displayed for the workspace
- “workspace analysis updated” – all other tables have been successfully updated
Changes are displayed by calendar day. At the top of the table is a drop down that allows the user to select which day to review. The default is the current day.
The change tracking table can be searched, sorted by any column, switched to a list view, exported, and configured with alternate columns if required. These functions are available in the upper right corner of the table.
Additionally, several other system features support change management: