Last updated July 30, 2016. Applies to all subdomains of network-perception.com.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
On our site we collect configuration files that you upload when using our online service, and possibly your email address if you fill out a request for technical support.
The information collected from you is used in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience
- To improve the website
- To improve customer service
- To send updates by email
How do we protect visitor information?
We use vulnerability scanning to monitor our system. We implement security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information. However such information can only be accessed by those authorized with special access rights and configuration file(s) uploaded are automatically deleted within 30 days.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
If users disable cookies in their browser, they will no longer be able to upload and analyze configuration file(s).
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer Personally Identifiable Information.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
We have not enabled Google Adwords on our site. The only servive provided by Google and enabled on our website is Google Analytics (https://www.google.com/analytics).
California Online Privacy Protection Act
Users are able to permanently delete the configuration files they uploaded at anytime, and they can change the email address they provided by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor them and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third party behavioral tracking. The only third party services active on this website are UserVoice (https://www.uservoice.com/) and Google Analytics (https://www.google.com/analytics/). Those services were installed for the sole purpose of improving user’s experience.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
You need to be older than 13 year old to use our service.
Fair Information Practices
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within 7 business days, for users who provided their email address,
- We will notify the users via in site notification within 7 business days.
We agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
We collect your email address only when you submit a request for technical support. We will use your email address to send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. To keep you updated of services and products developed by Network Perception, we will add your email address to the Network Perception mailing list. In full accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- We will NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- We will identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- We will include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- We will monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- We will honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- We will give an ‘opt-out’ or ‘unsubscribe’ option
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
Contact InformationWebsite: http://www.network-perception.com
Address: 60 Hazelwood Dr., Champaign, IL 61820, USA
Tel: (773) 830-4061